Baker Act Legislation: We Need Your Help
We need your help.
The Senate will hear SB 1750 Baker Act bill on Thursday February 16, 2012
Pat Thomas Committee Room
412 Knott Building
Can you go to Tallahassee. Please consider trying to go. WE also need emails to the Senate Health Regulation Committee.
Can you please forward this out to your groups and ask them if members can go to Tallahassee to support. It is especially important that we get support for the Senate side on Thursday. Please reply to this email or call if you or a member can go. This bill has a real chance getting to the Governor.
Stan Whittaker and Mai Kung will be coordinating at the Capitol.
Please email the representatives on the Senate Health Regulation Committee and ask them to support:
- Senator Rene Garcia (R) email@example.com
- Senator Eleanor Sobel (D) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla (R) email@example.com
- Senator Mike Fasano (R) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Don Gaetz (R) email@example.com
- Senator Dennis L. Jones, D.C. (R) firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support SB 1750. This bill will allow ARNPs to initiate a certificate of involuntary examination for patients who are suicidal or homicidal. Florida law states that social workers, marriage and family therapists, law enforcement, physician assistants and physicians may issue this certificate. This law would add ARNP into the statute. This law is necessary because ARNPs are often the only primary care provider in rural, free and low cost clinics.
Thank you for your consideration of support for this bill.